Thursday, September 03, 2009

Wow...how did I miss this? "Bruce Lee" shills for Nokia in China!

Man, I can't believe I slept on this nine-month-old campaign--badass viral videos of "Bruce Lee" playing ping-pong and lighting a match held in a guy's mouth...with nunchucks! Pretty impressive. That said, I just don't know what to make of using Lee's resurrected image to sell cellphones. It's creepy. What's next, Nokia--a viral vid of EmJay privately rocking out to beats from an Xpressmusic 5300?

(Then again, Nokia's stuff is at least respectful. I'm definitely not loving some of the past marketer attempts to exploit Lee's image...I'm talking to you, Ikea and Levi's. Although I have to admit I kinda laughed at Lipton's entry...)

Links: 
The Nokia Bruce Lee campaign website
The Nokia Bruce Lee edition N96, which comes with an action figure! (as pictured in album below)

Youtube video #1: "Bruce" plays ping pong! 

Youtube video #2: "Bruce" lights a match! 

Ikea Bruce-alike ad: 
Levi's Bruce-alike ad: 
Lipton Bruce-alike ad: 

See and download the full gallery on posterous

Posted via email from originalspin's posterous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home